STANDING DEEP BREATHING
- Helps lungs reach their maximum expansion capacity.
- Very good for asthma, shortness of breath and nervousness.
- Increases circulation of the body.
HALF MOON POSE/HANDS TO FEET POSE
- Trims stomach, buttocks, hips and thighs.
- Improves the flexibility of the spine.
- Hands to feet improves blood circulation to brain and legs.
- Makes hip joints flexible.
- Relieves joint and muscular pain.
- Increases circulation to the knees and ankles.
- Good for arthritis and gout.
- Flushes out the kidneys.
- Brings blood to the sexual organs and improves sexual vitality.
- Improves flexibility of the 12 major joints in the body.
STANDING HEAD TO KNEE
- Develops concentration, determination and patience.
- Great for cardiovascular system.
STANDING BOW PULLING POSE
- Increases circulation to the heart and lungs.
- Improves elasticity of the spine.
- Activates digestive system.
BALANCING STICK POSE
- Increases blood flow all over body at the same time; all arteries of the heart receive blood flow. Preventative for future cardiac problems.
- Total spine stretch, relieves stress from the spine.
- Works all muscles of the spine and lower extremities.
SEPARATE LEG STRETCHING
- When chin is forward it increases circulation of the adrenal glands.
- Increase circulation to the brain.
- Pushing stomach in strengthens the diaphragm.
- Releases tension in the lower back muscles.
- Compression good for kidneys.
- Alleviates “saddlebags.”
- Whole body is effected –muscles, nerves and tissues.
- Changes chemical imbalances in the body.
STANDING SEPARATED LEG HEAD TO KNEE POSE
- Reduces abdominal obesity.
- Good for diabetic conditions; balances blood sugar levels.
- Assists in regulating pancreas and kidneys.
- Works endocrine, digestive and reproductive systems.
TREE POSE/TOE STAND
- Creates hip and knee flexibility.
- Creates total body traction.
- Releases abdominal tension.
- Good for arthritis, rheumatism, circulatory disorders and lower extremity weakness.
SAVASANA – DEAD BODY POSE
- Returns cardiovascular circulation to normal.
- Slows heart rate, reduces blood pressure.
- Teaches complete relaxation.
- Stills and focuses the mind.
WIND REMOVING POSE
- Cures and prevents flatulence which is source of most chronic abdominal discomforts.
- Improves flexibility of hip joints.
- Firms abdomen, thighs and hips.
- Strengthens and tightens abdomen and increases flexibility of the spine.
- Good for digestion, kyphosis, scoliosis, low back pain, blood pressure, menstrual disorders, spondylo-arthritis of lumbar spine.
- Increases spine strength especially in the lower spine.
- Good for gout, back pain, lumbago, blood pressure, sciatica, scoliosis, kyphosis, slipped disc, spondylosis, tennis elbow and varicose veins.
- Increase spine strength especially in the upper spine.
FULL LOCUST POSE
- Good for low back pain (lumbago), low blood pressure, scoliosis, kyphosis, spondylosis, varicose veins.
- Increases spine strength especially in the middle spine.
- Good for anorexia, bronchitis, constipation, diabetes, low back pain, obstructive lung disease, scoliosis and kyphosis.
- Increases strength of entire spine.
FIX FIRM POSE
- Strengthens and improves the flexibility of the lower spine, hips, knees and ankle joints.
- Helps prevent hernia.
- Strengthens psoas muscles.
HALF TORTOISE POSE
- Stretches the lower part of the lungs (good for asthma)
- Creates maximum compression of the spine which stimulates the nervous system.
- Improves flexibility of the neck and spine, relieves backache, helps kypho-scolitic deformities and cervical spondylosis.
- Creates maximum extension of the spine increasing the mobility and elasticity of the spine and back muscles.
- Good for depression, headaches, insomnia, diabetes and respiratory illness.
- Good for thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Relieves tension in the neck, shoulders and back muscles.
HEAD TO KNEE WITH STRETCHING POSE
- Improves the flexibility of the sciatic nerve and joints of the ankle, knees, hips, shoulders, elbows and wrists.
- Increases flexibility of the last five vertebrae of the spine.
- Excellent for the immune and lymphatic systems.
- Increases circulation to the liver, spleen, pancreas, thyroid, thymus and intestines.
- Improves flexibility of the spine and hip joints, relieves back pain and helps prevent slipped discs.
- Good for lumbago, rheumatism of the spine, kyphosis, scoliosis, cervical spondylosis and arthritis.
- Increases circulation to the spinal nerves, veins and tissues.
- Calms the nervous system.
BLOWING IN FIRM POSE
- Stimulation of digestive organs and circulatory system
- Increases exchange of gases in the lungs
- Eliminates carbon dioxide and absorption of oxygen